Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Exhale B&A

I just finished editing a shot, "Exhale" and I really wanted to share the process with you. I played with flashlights tonight as my lighting for outside. Out of probably 50 shots this was one of the few that came out pretty interesting. The smoke was awesome. I thought it looked odd that you could see my arm holding up the flashlight so I did some cropping. Here ya go:

Before (Original) During
After (final edit)


as you can see I cropped quite a bit, and took my arm out of the photo. It's amazing how you can change the feel of a photo with a simple crop. You would never think that I'm holding a flashlight up in the air from looking at the final edit. I never used to crop my images, only to make them square format, but my last few shots I tried cropping a large amount and was very pleased with the result.
Ok I'm goin to bed, Much love as always!



1 comment:

  1. This is such an amazing and engaging image. I'd love to have it huge and hanging on a wall!

    ReplyDelete